Job opening - Research Technician
The Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB) headed by Dr. Cecilia L. Winata invites application from motivated and talented individuals for the position of Research Technician (a.k.a. lab magician!).
Besides being in charge of the lab’s day-to-day operation which includes maintaining general laboratory stocks, you will have the chance to be involved in various exciting projects in the lab. You will be an active individual who can multitask and is not afraid of taking up the challenge to try out unconventional new methods, establishing and paving the way for others. You are a creative problem solver with a can-do attitude.
Deadline for applications is November 15th, 2019. Preferred job starting date is January 1st, 2020 (or as soon as possible).
The Research Technician will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Requirements for the candidate:
• BSc or MSc degree in biology, biotechnology, or related subject.
• Previous lab experience, well versed in molecular biology or biochemistry techniques and possess a thorough understanding of the principles.
• High motivation, creative and independent thinking
• Experience and/or certification in working with animals will be highly preferred but not essential.
• The position is a long term commitment and will be guaranteed for 2 years with an initial trial period of 3 months.
• Full-time contract “umowa o pracę”
• Gross remuneration 4500 – 5600 PLN depending on experience
• The opportunity to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, and multi-national team of young and friendly scientists with interest in developmental biology and genomics.
• Chance to work with the zebrafish model organism and learn cutting edge techniques in biology such as next generation sequencing, CRISPR and single cell sequencing.
• Benefits from Social Fund including membership in MultiSport program and reduced-rate for individual medical care package
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers and academic mentoring
How to apply:
• Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject include "Research Technician_ZDG" and your first and last name.
• Your application must include: 1) a CV; 2) copy of diploma; 3) a motivation letter explaining your scientific interest, why you would like to work with us, your key strengths, and why you would fit into our group; 4) the contact of at least one referee.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
Only selected candidates will be invited for interview.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.